এগ্রিভিউ২৪ জব ডেস্ক : Winrock International-এর নিয়োগ বিজ্ঞপ্তি সম্প্রতি প্রকাশিত হয়েছে। বিডিজবসের প্রকাশিত উক্ত বিজ্ঞপ্তিতে Shrimp Farming Specialist-পদে আবেদন করার জন্য আহবান জানানো হয়েছে।
আবেদনের শেষ তারিখ : ১0 অক্টোবর ২০১৮
চাকরীর ধরন : Full Time
শিক্ষাগত যোগ্যতা : M.Sc. in Aquaculture/ Marine Science/ Biological Science
POSITION TITLE: Shrimp Farming Specialist (SFS)
LOCATION : Khulna, Bangladesh
REPORTS TO: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP).
WINROCK INTERNATIONAL is a non-profit organization that works with people around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustains natural resources. Winrock has been implementing the USDA funded Safe Aqua Farming for Economic and Trade Improvement (SAFETI) project to support the Bangladesh shrimp and prawn sector development through offices in Dhaka and Khulna, Bagerhat, Satkhira and Jessore districts of Khulna Division, and in Cox’s Bazar.
SAFETI is being implemented with the objective of achieving the following results through different interrelated components/ activities as mentioned in the project proposal:
- Increase agricultural productivity by improving production and management of hatcheries and farms in the shrimp and prawn value chain to contribute to both improved food quality and safety, as well as to improved livelihood and environmental sustainability in the Bangladeshi prawn and shrimp industry.
- Expand trade of agricultural products by improving handling and sanitary controls, reducing unnecessary layers in the value chain, promoting extension services, and building the capacity of trade associations and government trade promotion bureaus.
The Shrimp Farming Specialist will be overall responsible for providing expert technical support on shrimp (bagda) and prawn (golda) farming issues to strengthen SAFETI field activities. He/she will provide technical, training and other support while working closely with SAFETI’s Winrock district team and other partners as well as the Department of Fisheries (DOF). The position’s main responsibility will be to ensure the overall quality & success of SAFETI supported farmers’ trials/demonstrations, improved shrimp nursery by private operators and coordinate supply of domesticated High Health improved seed to support disseminating improved farming methodologies of shrimp and prawn. The Shrimp Farming Specialist also will provide field level technical support, coordination and results analysis to SAFETI, partner agencies and field staffs. The SFS is a field position that requires working with the GOB, NGOs, national and international agencies and professionals and communicating with grass-root level stakeholders of the project.
JOBS AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Working with the SAFETI team, ensure the quality of field trials and demonstrations and undertake specific analysis of shrimp / prawn farming technological innovations, methodologies for efficient farm management and for sustainable supply chain development;
- Review and analyze ongoing shrimp/prawn farming interventions; design and propose new innovative interventions based on results, and ensure quality implementation;
- Lead the work with demonstration farmers (1000 over three years) on improved farming methodologies to ensure successful production; and generate evidence to motivate farmers and stakeholders for wider dissemination and adoption
- Lead the technical aspects of the SAFETI initiative with selected shrimp nursery operators to improve practices to supply High Health seed and coordinate between them, the field teams working with farmers, the Hatchery and Maturation Specialist (SH&MS) in Cox’s Bazar and the Private Sector Specialist in Khulna to make the initiative successful;
- Provide technical advice to the project and participate in training delivery as needed;
- Work with other staff to develop business cases to support farmers in accessing quality inputs especially SPF/PCR tested (high health) PL;
- Assist the Training Coordinator, Private Sector Engagement Specialist and District technical staff in developing materials and organizing training programs for diverse stakeholders, including farmers;
- Working with the team members, support farmers to adopt globally accepted sustainable aquaculture practices and professional farm management, and food safety and hygiene measures;
- Collect, compile and document required information and assist RC&DM, DCOP, AP&TS, M&E team and others in analyzing and reporting;
- Develop case studies and success stories on shrimp/prawn farming and relevant interventions;
- Such other duties as assigned by the DCOP required for the success of the project.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Biological Science/ Aquaculture/ Marine Science from a reputed University;
- Hands-on demonstrated expertise and a minimum of 12 years’ relevant working experience in the field of shrimp/prawn farming;
- Preferred age of the applicants would be less than 45 years;
- In-depth and hands-on experience in semi-intensive and/or intensive shrimp & prawn farming;
- Knowledge in shrimp/prawn market systems, private sector engagement and supply chain development;
- Knowledge of shrimp farming extension techniques, land and water management;
- Ability to analyze/interpret the shrimp farming related data; technical matters including shrimp health & disease and water quality management
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively, and to write clearly and concisely;
- Capacity to work with and motivate a diversified team;
- Have basic computer literacy – use of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Excel, MS PowerPoint etc.;
- Experience in implementing programs through partnership with local development organizations, private sector entities and relevant government departments;
- Fluency in both Bengali and English with demonstrated report writing skills;
- Willingness to travel extensively in the remote areas of the SAFETI Project.
· The Shrimp Farming Specialist (SFS) reporting to the DCOP, will work locally in consultation with RC&DM, Khulna and closely with SH&MS, PMs, PSES, PHS, DMs, and overall guidance of the SS&DM, AP&TS and COP, SAFETI Project.
- The primary work location will be the SAFETI regional office in Khulna city with frequent field visits in Bagerhat, Satkhira, Jashore and possibly in Cox’s Bazar districts, and to other places wherever necessary.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Negotiable. The position is a full-time position with all other entitlements.
Deadline of Application
- Applicants may submit their current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Admin & HR Officer of SAFETI Project by 10 October 2018.
Winrock International is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Decision of Winrock International is final in selecting the candidate for the position.